Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hockey!

Our first IM Hockey game was last Wednesday and, even though we lost rather gloriously (7-1), it was not a shutout and we had a lot of fun.  My personal success was that I won a faceoff!  I also brought some fans to the game in the form of my roommates.  They were super excited to see us play something hockey-ish - something I appreciated but didn't fully understand :-)

Since we're newbies and ice time is limited (we went on right after a C-league game - we're in D-league) each of the three periods in the game was 11 minutes instead of 20.  During warmups many of us tested our pads by diving on the ice and then repeated the dive at the end of the game.  Maybe that will become our signature move.

My roommates not only acted as a great cheering section, they also took quite a number of photos.  I would like to share some of those with you.

Mid-game action
Our opponent - Delta Upsilon
I've got the puck!

Checking out what's going on, ready to get back into the ice
Our next game is versus the LGO '12s on Tuesday night, so it will be interesting to see how we do then.  No matter what it should be time for some good trash talking and bad hockey.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...