Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!

Since I last wrote, a lot has happened.  I finished my internship at GM, moved back to MA (via an incredibly stuffed car again) and, on the way back, stopped for a job interview.  I stayed with my parents outside of Boston for about a week and then moved again, right after Christmas, into my final LGO apartment, the one I will be working from this spring through graduation.

This time I'm rooming with another LGO.  Without grand plans that we HAD to pick something by the end of LGO recruiting week in November, we managed to tour a few apartments and make a final decision.  Having that all set for when I came back was SO handy and made the housing process much less stressful.  First years - I would recommend doing something like this - do not wait until you're almost back at MIT to find housing!  We'll be living just north of Central square in a 2-bed, 2-bath and I'm excited to see how things go.

Before Christmas, but to get in the spirit, I went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra play at the TD Garden in Boston.  They were performing a new Christmas album and so the story that flowed through the first half of the concert was different than the one I had heard before.  As always their playing, as well as their lights and stage set-up, was fantastic!

Two of the players ran out along the audience in the floor seats and then were raised directly up, while two others were on these crane type pieces of the mainstage and were raised out over the audience!

Now that the holidays are over, besides enjoying the time off and the fact that I bid correctly to get all the classes I wanted this spring, it's time to get back to (or start) things again.  Things like thesis writing and preparing for knowledge review (when all the LGO 2nd years, now done with their internships, talk about what they've done and learned in that six month period).  All in all, January's schedule is more flexible than last year, though Domestic Plant Trek, was certainly a good time.

Finally, when visiting a friend in PA, I managed to make it onto a local TV station's report.  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for wishing new year, i'm sorry for being late to wish you new year. 2012 was the best year and specially it's ending. I attended a new year party at 31 DEC 2012 night, that was held in our town. This party was in open-sided marquee and fully decorated with lightning, it was the best ending of 2012.
    ----------------------------
    Marquee Hire Prices Manchester

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...